martes, 22 de octubre de 2013

Coco Chanel's historic Biarritz shop: now and then

Black and white photo from VB, second image (September 2013) and collage by The Fashion Journalist

In 1915 Coco Chanel opened a new shop in Biarritz (France). It was her third store, which was located at number 2 Edouard VII avenue, near the Casino. It is considered that there she conceived her first fashion collection.

En 1915 Coco Chanel abrió una tienda en Biarritz (Francia). Era su tercer establecimiento y estaba ubicado en el número 2 de la avenida Edouard VII, cerca del casino. Se considera que fue allí donde concibió su primera colección de moda.


A year later Chanel achieved so much success that she was able to repay her loans to her true love. Arthur "Boy" Capel helped Chanel economically so she could start and extend her business. Today, he is remembered for being the only man that Coco Chanel ever loved.

The shop closed in 1939, when France entered World War II and Chanel put a stop to her fashion house until 1954. Nowadays if you go to Biarritz, there is nothing which reminds us to the historic boutique.


Un año más tarde, Chanel consiguió tanto éxito que pudo devolver el dinero que le había prestado su amor verdadero. Arthur "Boy" Capel ayudó económicamente a Chanel para que pudiera empezar su negocio y ampliarlo. Hoy es recordado como el único hombre al que Coco Chanel amó.

La tienda cerró en 1939, cuando Francia entró en la Segunda Guerra Mundial y Chanel selló su casa hasta 1954. Actualmente, si vais a Biarritz, no hay nada que nos recuerde a la histórica boutique.

Gabrielle Chanel in front of her boutique
in Deauviulle, 1931
. Photo: Chanel vía Telegraph UK

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

¡Muchas gracias por leerme!

Espero tu opinión en los comentarios.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...